WHeRe IS The Love?!



With less than a week until Valentines Day, you have many left in limbo. Women are without valentines. Men often go off into hiding around these times in fear of commitment or spending a few dollars. Couples are pressured into spending hundreds of dollars to top last year's gifts. Children across America are forced to give Valentines to all of their classmates, despite their dislike for them. High schoolers are left out if they weren't popular enough to receive a carnation or rose from a classmate.

Why is it that you're either blissfully in love, or left extremely depressed on Valentines Day? Many times people lose sight of the real meaning of a holiday, and get caught up in the hoopla. Despite your relationship status, there is someone on this Earth that you love, and who loves you back. Whether it be your mom, your brother, your best friend, or your cousin, show them some love this Sunday.

More often than not, I hear both men and women complain about the opposite sex. The women say the men don't want to commit. The men say the women aren't "wifeable." Both sexes are lacking something they feel they need for that successful relationship. I feel its necessary for everyone to get back to the basics. For myself, I don't need the candy, the roses, or an expensive dinner. Just give me some time and acknowledge the fact that we both care about each other.

I feel a correlation to the state of music, ad society's views of love is appropriate. As I sit here watching VH1 Soul, I find it interesting that all the heartfelt R & B ballads are dated back to the 90's. Boys 2 Men, Jodeci, Blackstreet, Exscape, SWV....the list goes on, but that is the R &B that I remember. The feelings they sung about is something I long for. But today it seems the hardest to find.



I encourage everyone to love themselves first and Happy Valentines Day, if you dont hear it from anyone else.... x0x0

0 comments:


 

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates